Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Poem For My Daughter

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

On 29th August, my daughter Sumira turned fourteen. I gifted her this poem. Thought of sharing it with all or you as well. Best Wishes

Hey, Its your BIRTHDAY,
And you have turned FOURTEEN today!

Wow! Looks like yesterday when you were born,
As if it were just like a few moments,
All these years which have just gone !

You were named SUMIRA by all of us,
But we called you GULLO, BEBOO, and PUTTS without any fuss.

I still remember you in the cradle and pram,
Your smiles, movements, and your antics,
Which made all of us go cheese and ham.

We just couldn't realize how fast you grew up,
When suddenly today while we woke up,
To find you turn FOURTEEN!!

Oh! What a ferari this time has been,
You turned from a BABY to a TEENAGER,
As we have seen.

Tomorrow would be another day,
Perhaps which may come soon,
And without much delay.

When you would turn into a DYNAMIC and a RESPONSIBLE young lady,
And tell me on my face:
" You need to be more responsible Daddy".

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

From - Dad

No comments: